Review Computer Desk Griffin Technology GC16034 Elevator Laptop Stand

Review Computer Desk Griffin Technology GC16034 Elevator Laptop Stand 


 

I was looking for a laptop stand that allowed me to use my laptop as a desktop replacement. This stand is simple, nice looking, functional and contrary to a review I read, stable. I suppose, there might be a laptop with a super slippery bottom that might allow the laptop to fall if it is bumped by accident, but honestly it is hard for me to envision any laptop falling or sliding off the stand on it's own. I am currently using the stand with my Sony Vaio 15.6" laptop. In any case, let me return to my review:
1. The stand lifts the laptop monitor up to a height that is the perfect height for me.. the top of the monitor is just below eye level.
2. The design of the stand allows it to not have any side rails so that any keyboard, no matter what size, can be stored under the laptop freeing up the maximum desk space when the laptop is not in use.
3. The stand is very sturdy and stable. The stand has a very slight angle forward to counter-balance the monitor screen and expose the laptop keyboard to the user. The high quality rubber on the solid metal bracing provides a sturdy and stable base for the laptop. As I stated earlier, I can't imagine this falling or slipping off the stand unless the table is not stable or if it is accidentally knocked off or yanked off by a cable, but this is true of most stands. There are plastic little tabs that stick up on the front of the stands for a super slippery laptop with a near zero frictional coefficient. ;)
4. The laptop stand looks cool. The laptop floats in the air. I have a cable that connects to the second monitor and a USB cable for additional storage, but other than that the stand, laptop, second monitor, wireless keyboard, and wireless mouse create a very functional, cool looking, and clean desktop.
 

Comments